Okay so I have been crazy busy BUT I haven't forgotten about my blog. Here is a two for one post! (to make up for the days I've been slacking)
First here is the recipe for the scrumptious peanut butter truffles...
yield: 16 truffles
1/4 C. peanut butter
2 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
1/2 C. milk chocolate chips
This recipe is soooooo easy! All you have to do is put the butter and peanut butter in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or so until the butter melts. Stir it well to combine and add powdered sugar to make a thick dough like consistency (adjust amount of sugar if needed). Let this cool (put it in the fridge if you're impatient). Then roll the peanut butter filling into 1" balls. Melt chocolate chips (I did it in the microwave again this time for a minute) and using a spoon dip the truffles in chocolate. Put on a sheet of waxed paper to cool. I made a swooping motion with the spoon as a I placed them on the waxed paper to make them look pretty.
Now you're thinking I want to give these away as gifts--how can I package them so they are pretty? Well you're in luck--her is the how-to for little 3" treat boxes.
What you need:
-one 8 1/2 inch square of paper
-one 8 1/4 inch square of paper
-mini cupcake wrappers
1. Start with one of the squares fold in all the points to the center like so:
2. Now fold all four points across making the point line up with the fold like so:
3. Fold points in again to meet the latest round of folds:
4. Make a little fold that comes out from each corner of the central square:
5. You'll have a piece of paper that has folds like so:
6. Now all you have to do is fold it up! Fold in two points at a time like this:
7. Cut a 2 3/4 inch wide strip of waxed paper and lay it inside. Then put truffles in mini cupcake wrappers and put in the bottom half of the box. Fold the ends of the waxed paper in and use a sticker to keep it secure.
8. Put the top of the box on and tie with twine and a gift tag! Voila!